Sunday, March 8, 2009

When it Happens

Author: Susane Colasanti

Copyright: 2006

Number of Pages: 336

Rating: 8 out of 10

Why I Picked This Up: Point number one, awesome cover. Point number two, I'm a sucker for romances. Call me cheesy or corny but it doesn't matter. I'll willingly prentend a fictional dream guy is real any day.





When it came to Sara, it was love at first sight for Tobey. It didn’t matter that they were polar opposites (he’s a rocker and she’s a braniac), or that he had never talked to her before. Tobey walked into his senior year of high school with only one thing on his mind: to make sure Sara fell in love with him. However, there was just one catch; Sara was dating Dave, a popular jock. Nevertheless, the chemistry between Tobey and Sara was undeniable and their love might just be “the real thing”. In any case, this love story makes perfect harmony. One quirk that makes this book extra-special is the alternating narration. Not only do we get inside Tobey’s head, but we know what Sara is thinking, too. When It Happens is the perfect combination of blissful young romance and witty dialogue, and will definitely make the readers fall in love - with this book!


Quote from the book:
The prospect of starting senior year next week without a boyfriend is the worst. Not some math geek or physics dork I end up liking just because he's there. I mean a boyfriend who's everything I want. The whole package.
"Sara," Maggie says. "Do you realize what this means?"
I decide to ignore her. Maggie has this idealistic image of romance that I don't think exists in real life. I mean I've been trying to believe it does all summer. But Dave never called.

No comments:

Post a Comment